SUDOCREM a History:
Developed over 70 years ago, Sudocrem is the market leader in the nappy rash sector.KNOW SUDOCREM:
Ingredients & Properties:
- Clinically proven Sudocrem is a market leading product for treating nappy rash., it helps to soothe, heal and protect your baby’s delicate skin from further irritation.
- Sudocrem consist water-repellent base which forms a protective barrier, therefore helping to stop any irritants (urine and stools) coming into contact with the skin. In addition, the emollient effect of Sudocrem can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft.
- Sudocrem can also be used for other skin conditions that require a soothing, protective antiseptic cream with additional healing, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Gypoallergenic lanolin - Provides emollient properties
- Zinc oxide - An astringent reducing the loss of tissue fluid
- Benzyl Benzoate and Benzyl Binnamate: Recognised ingredients of Peru Balsam for healing properties
- Benzyl Alcohol: Acts to ease localised pain and irritation . It also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent protecting against common bacterial contaminants. Its a weak local anaesthetic
NAPPY NASH:What is nappy rash?
Nappy rash is a common cause of fretful, crying babies, caused by inflamed skin that is irritated by being wet and in contact with urine and stools. It starts with a slight reddening of the skin in the nappy area resulting in soreness and discomfort.Causes Of Nappy Rash:
- For Prolonged Periods when urine remains in baby body contact reacting with stools in nappy, which in severe cases can cause breaks or blisters in baby skin.
- Friction caused by the nappy rubbing against baby’s delicate skin and washing detergents not thoroughly rinsed out of terry nappies can also contribute to the development of nappy rash.
- Some babies naturally have more sensitive skin and may be more prone to the condition. There may be no obvious reason so Nappy rash can happen at any time.
But in following situations babies are especially susceptible to nappy rash:
*During teethingSymptoms Of Nappy rash:
*Changing from breast to bottle feeding
*After antibiotics, which can upset baby’s digestive system, causing diarrhoea
*Starting on solid foods
*Drinking cows’ milk for the first time
*Any of these factors can trigger the onset of the problem.
NAPPY RASH Prevention & Treatment:
- Normally Nappy rash starts with a slight redness in the nappy area.
- It tends not to affect the skin folds
- Upper thighs & Buttocks Areas can become red and moist
- Skin becoming sore, spotty and hot to touch
- Dry & flaky Patches on skin may develop.
- Blisters and pus filled spots may appear in severe cases
A Quote we know “prevention is always better than cure”
Following are some of steps that can Prevent NAPPY RASH:
- Let baby’s bottom was always be cool, dry and completely protected from irritants and infection. However, this is rarely the case.
- Changing baby’s nappy when it becomes wet or soiled.
- Usually newborn baby requires changing about a dozen times a day and older children at least 6-8 times a day.
- Use warm water and cotton wool, gently patting dry for washing Nappy area.
- Whenever possible let your baby’s bottom exposed to the air
- To protect against irritants, such as urine and stools use a suitable cream at each nappy change
- Use mild non-biological washing powder or detergent for terry or re-usable nappies. Always rinse nappies well.
- At sleep times change baby's nappy.
- Be alert to potential triggers of nappy rash.
Following are some of the steps for Treating NAPPY RASH:
- Soothe the soreness
- Ensure the skin heals as soon as possible
- Protect the skin from further attack by irritants or infection
- This is where Sudocrem can help.
GUIDELINES to Use SUDOCREM:
- Sudocrem helps soothe, heal and protect your baby’s delicate skin which have been clinically proven treatment for nappy rash.
- Sudocrem is made up in a base with water-repellent properties that creates a protective barrier over baby's skin which in turn helps to stop any irritants (urine and stools) coming into contact with the skin.
- The emollient effect of SUDOCREM can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft.
- Sudocrem can ease the pain and irritation of nappy rash, whilst other ingredients can help to heal the skin.
- Apply a thin layer of Sudocrem and massage in small circular movements until the Sudocrem has disappeared leaving a translucent film.
- If this does not cover the affected area apply a little more. However, if the area stays white after application, too much has been applied.