Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste 75ml
Sensodyne Pronamel is a toothpaste that has been specifically formulated for those at risk of acid erosion and works in a number of ways:
- It helps re-harden tooth enamel, making it more resistant to further acid attack
- It has low abrasivity to limit further enamel wear during the process of toothbrushing
- It is pH neutral (non-acidic) to be kind to tooth enamel
- It is specifically formulated for people with sensitive teeth (this can be a sign of acid erosion).
Many of the foods and drinks that we associate with a modern diet, including wine, many fruits, fruit tea and balsamic vinegar contain acid.
The acid comes into contact with teeth, at which point the tooth’s hard enamel surface temporarily softens. When we brush our teeth, the enamel can be worn away more easily and become thinner over time. The wearing of enamel, caused by acid in our diet is called acid erosion.
- Sensitivity when consuming hot or cold food and drinks
- A rounded look on the surface of the tooth
- A slight yellow appearance as the tooth becomes thinner and the underlying dentine shows through
- Darker yellow appearance of the teeth
- Transparency at the edges
- Sensitivity becoming more severe
- Small dents on the tooth surface
What you can do
- Avoid brushing teeth immediately after consuming acidic food or drinks - it's best to wait as long as possible.
- Drink acidic drinks quickly - don't swish them around or hold them for long periods within your mouth, use a straw where possible and encourage children to do the same.
- Brush twice a day, every day, with a toothpaste like Sensodyne Pronamel or Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening to help re-harden softened tooth enamel.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
Products you may also consider