Virbac Effipro Spot-On for Small Dogs 2-10kg - 4 pipettes
Read more about this product »
- Directions (with Video)
Virbac Effipro Spot-On for Small Dogs (2-10kg)
Effipro Spot-On for Small Dogs is for the prevention and treatment of fleas and ticks in dogs and puppies over 2 months of age and weighing 2-10kg.
Effipro Spot-On for Small Dogs contains 67mg fipronil, which is effective against fleas for up to 8 weeks and ticks for up to 4 weeks. It will usually kill fleas within 24 hours and ticks within 48 hours. If some species of tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus and Ixodes ricinus) are present prior to application, they may not be killed within 48 hours, but may be killed within a week. It will not prevent ticks from attaching to your dog, but if it has been applied prior to exposure to ticks, they will be killed in 24-48 hours, usually before engorgement.
Effipro Spot-On can also be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) where this has been previously diagnosed by a veterinary surgeon.
Effipro Spot-On is quick and easy to apply in new leak-free pipettes and leaves no greasy residue.
This product contains 4 x 0.67ml pipettes, which is 4 treatments. For optimal control of fleas and ticks, the treatment schedule with Effipro Spot-On can be based on your local conditions, but treatment should not be repeated within 4 weeks.
Shampooing an hour prior to treatment does not affect the efficacy of the product against fleas, but you should avoid bathing/immersion in water for 2 days after applying Effipro. Weekly immersion in water for one minute reduces the period of persistent insecticidal efficacy against fleas by one week.
Fleas from pets often infest the animal's basket, bedding and regular resting areas such as carpets and soft furnishings, so in cases of massive infestation, it is recommended that you treat these areas with a household flea spray and vacuum regularly. For optimum control of flea problems in a multi-pet household, all dogs and cats in the household should be treated with a suitable insecticide.
Administer the Effipro by topical application to the skin: 1 pipette of 0.67ml per small dog.
- Hold the pipette upright. Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure that the contents are within the main body of the pipette. Break the snap-off top of the spot-on pipette along the scored line.
- Part the pet's coat until its skin is visible. Place the tip of the Effipro pipette directly against the bared skin and squeeze gently several times to empty its contents. Repeat this procedure at one or two different points along the cat’s back, preferably at the base of the head and between the shoulders.
- It is important to make sure that the Effipro Spot On is applied to an area where the animal cannot lick it off, and to make sure that animals do not lick each other following treatment.
- Care should be taken to avoid excessive wetting of the hair with the product since this will cause a sticky appearance of hairs at the treatment spot. However, should this occur, it will disappear within 24 hours post application.
- White deposits may also be seen at the site for up to 48 hours after application.