›Medicines›Children's Healthcare›Children's Pain & Fever Relief› Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension Sachets 12x5ml
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension Sachets 12x5mlBy Calpol
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension Sachets
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension contains paracetamol to relieve pain and / or bring down fever in a range of conditions including cold and flu, headache, toothache, earache, post-immunisation fever, sore throat and other aches and pains.
Suitable for children aged 6 years and over, as well as adults, Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension Sachets are a delicious strawberry flavour liquid that is free from sugar and colour. They are supplied as convenient 5ml sachets and each pack contains a double-ended spoon.
- For oral use only.
- Always use the spoon supplied with the pack. Do not overfill the spoon.
- It is important to massage the sachet before opening.
- Each sachet contains 5 ml of this medicine. Any unused contents of the open sachet should be discarded.
- Children aged 6-8 years: One 5ml spoonful (large end)
- Children aged 8-10 years: One 5ml spoonful (large end and one 2.5ml spoonful (small end)
- Children aged 10-12 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls (large end)
- Children aged 12-16 years: Two to three 5ml spoonfuls (large end)
- Adults and children over 16 years: Two to four 5ml spoonfuls (large end)
Speak to your doctor:
- If your child needs more than the doses shown in the table.
- As soon as possible if fever doesn't go away.
- Straight away if you are not sure of the cause of your child's illness or it is accompanied by a rash, breathing difficulties, diarrhoea or excessive tiredness or lethargy. Do not give Calpol until you get medical advice.
- Active Ingredient: Paracetamol 250mg per 5ml.
- Other Ingredients: Maltitol, Sorbitol Liquid (E420), Glycerol, Dispersible Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin Sodium and Purified Water. The flavouring is imitation strawberry.
- Do not give this medicine with any other paracetamol containing product.
- Never give more than the recommended dose.
- Methyl (E218) and propyl (E216) parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions which could possibly be delayed.
- The sorbitol (E420) and maltitol content of this product means that this product is unsuitable for people with inherited intolerance to fructose.
- Sorbitol and maltitol may have a mild laxative effect. Each 5ml of this product contains 1.935g of sorbitol and 2.04g of maltitol. Calorific values: 2.6 kcal/g sorbitol and 2.3 kcal/g maltitol.
- Has ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- Is taking anything else with paracetamol in it.
- If your child has serious kidney or liver problems.
- If your child has an inherited intolerance to fructose or been diagnosed with an intolerance to some other sugars.
- If your child is taking any other medicines including:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone (used to treat nausea and vomiting).
- Colestyramine (used to treat high cholesterol).
- Anticoagulants (drugs that thin the blood, such as warfarin).
- Anticonvulsants (drugs to treat epilepsy).
- You can use this medicine while you are taking oral contraceptives (‘the pill’), but it may not work so well on your pain or fever.
- If you drink large amounts of alcohol, you may be more open to the side effects of paracetamol.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you might be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Products you may also consider