Lyclear Creme Rinse
Lyclear Creme Rinse gets rid of headlice and their eggs in just 10 minutes. The active ingredient permethrin belongs to a group of medicines called pyrethroids which kill insects such as head lice.
Lyclear Creme Rinse is suitable for adults and children over 6 months of age, including asthmatics. Each pack contains a fine tooth comb to remove the lice and eggs after treatment.
- Shampoo the hair with a mild shampoo. Do not use combined shampoo-conditioner or a medicated shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry so that the hair remains damp.
- After shaking the bottle thoroughly, apply sufficient Lyclear Creme Rinse to saturate the hair, roots and scalp. Work methodically through the hair and remember to pay particular attention to the areas behind the ears and around the nape of the neck. For the majority of individuals all of the contents of this pack will be required to ensure that the hair and scalp are well saturated.
- Leave Lyclear Creme Rinse on the hair for 10 minutes. An application for longer than 10 minutes will not give better results, but a full 10 minutes is required.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. After the final rinse and while the hair is still wet, use the comb provided in the pack to remove the lice and eggs. Comb the hair in sections from the roots and work over the whole head in this way. Normal hair drying routines can then be followed.
If one member of the family needs treatment, it is important to check the rest of the family for head lice, but only those infested should be treated.
- Active Ingredient: Permethrin 1% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Isopropanol 20% w/w, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteth-10 (Polyoxyl 10 Cetyl Ether), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolysed Animal Protein, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Balsam Fir Canada, Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Fragrance 06.070, Propylene Glycol, Sunset Yellow (E110), Anhydrous Citric Acid and Purified Water.
- Lyclear Creme Rinse should not irritate the eyes but it is best to, avoid it coming into contact with the eyes. Rinse with plenty of cold water immediately should this happen.
- If you have asthma, Lyclear Creme Rinse may be used normally, however talk to your doctor or pharmacist before commencing treatment if you have any particular concerns.
- As with all medicines, if you are pregnant or breast feeding, consult your doctor before using Lyclear Creme Rinse.
- If a child is doing their own treatment with Lyclear, it should be under adult supervision.
- Lyclear Creme Rinse contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216) and Sunset Yellow (E110) which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- If you colour or perm your hair, it is a good idea to apply Lyclear Creme Rinse to a small section of hair before treating the entire head, as the effect of this product on hair colourants and perms has not been studied, but there have been some extremely rare complaints about its affect on permed or coloured hair.
- If you are a healthcare worker who regularly uses Lyclear Creme Rinse on patients, you should consider wearing gloves to avoid possible irritation to your hands.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients of Lyclear Creme Rinse or to other pyrethroids.
- On children under 6 months, unless under medical advice.
Products you may also consider