Ovex Single Tablet
Ovex Single Tablet is a single dose treatments for threadworm infections of the gut. Ovex tablets are orange flavoured, chewable tablets containing an ingredient called mebendazole, which belongs to a group of medicines called 'anthelmintics'.
Ovex tablets are suitable for adults and children aged over 2 years. As threadworms can spread very easily, it is strongly recommended that all the family (except pregnant or breastfeeding women or children under 2 years) are treated at the same time and that suitable hygiene precautions are followed to prevent re-infection.
The most obvious sign of threadworms, sometimes known as pinworm, is intense itching in the anal area, especially at night, although this does not affect everyone. If your children frequently scratch their bottoms, suffer from disturbed sleep or become irritable, it is worth checking their motions and the anal area for tiny white threads. If one member of the family has threadworms, the rest of the family may already have picked up the infection, even if they do not have obvious symptoms.
- Adults and children aged 2 years and over: Take one tablet per family member. Tablets may be chewed or swallowed whole. Crush the tablet before giving it to a young child.
- Children under 2 years: Not recommended.
- Active Ingredient: Mebendazole 100mg.
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycollate, Talc, Maize Starch, Sodium Saccharin, Magnesium Stearate, Cottonseed Oil - Hydrogenated, Orange Flavour, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica, Sodium Laurilsulfate and Orange Yellow S (E110).
Do not use Ovex:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If it is for a child under 2 years.
- If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant.
- If you are taking any other medicines, including: metronidazole (a drug used to treat bacterial and protozoan infections) and cimetidine (a medicine used to treat excess stomach acidity).
Products you may also consider