Flomax Relief MR 14 Capsules
Flomax Relief is a modified release capsule which contains the active ingredient called Tamsulosin. This belongs to a group of medicine called alpha blockers. If this is your first order of Flomax, please order just one 14 pack of capsules and see how you get on with the product before purchasing more capsules.
Flomax Relief is used to treat the lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) of a common condition called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This is when the prostate gland (found just below a man’s bladder) gets bigger, making it difficult to start urinating. This means you take longer to urinate, as well as having to have to urinate more often, and so can cause you to get up several times in the night to urinate.
Flomax Relief relieves these problems by relaxing muscles in the prostate gland, and muscles in the urethra (the tube allowing urine to leave the body from the bladder), and so making it easier to urinate.
Do not take these capsules if:
- If you have had your symptoms for less than three months
- Allergic to Tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients
- If you have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- If you are taking medication to control your blood pressure.
- If you feel dizzy/ weak when sitting or standing up suddenly
- If you have pain when you urinate
- If your urine was cloudy or bloody at any point in the last three months
- If you have a fever due to an infection of your kidneys or bladder
- If you have uncontrollable leaking of your urine
- If you think you are diabetic
- If you have recently had blurred or cloudy vision,
- If you are about to undergo cataract eye surgery.
- If you have had prostate surgery
Tell your doctor or dentist before any operation or dental procedure as there is a potential that your medicine may interfere with the effects of the anaesthetic.
Please ensure you read the leaflet enclosed before taking this medication.
Products you may also consider