Artelac Hypromellose Eye Drops 10ml
Read more about this product »
- Patient Information
Artelac Hpyomellose Eye Drops
Artelac Hypromellose Eye Drops provide effective relief from dry eyes, a dehydration of the surface of the eye because no natural tears are being produced. They contain hypromellose, a soothing solution which moistens the eye and gives tear-like lubrication to the eyes and eye lids for long-lasting relief, and can be used as often as required.
Artelac Hypromellose Eye Drops are suitable for people who wear contact lenses. Wearers of soft contact lenses should remove their lenses before applying the drops and should wait for at least 15 minutes before they insert them again. They contain the preservative cetrimide, so can be used by people who are hypersensitive to the preservative benzalkonium chloride.
Artelac Hypromellose Eye Drops can also be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Unless your doctor has told you differently, the standard dose is that one drop should be instilled into the corner of the eye, nearest the nose, 3 to 5 times each day or as required to provide sufficient lubrication.
- As dry eye is a condition which varies from person to person, the drops should be used as often as you think necessary, to relieve your dry eye(s). This may be more often than the standard dose but this should not cause any unwanted effects.
- Sit down in front of a mirror so that you can see what you are doing.
- Wipe your eyes to clear any residual wateriness or discharge.
- Unscrew the cap from the bottle, check the dropper is clean.
- Pull your lower eyelid gently down, and then carefully instil one drop inside the lower eyelid, in the corner closest to the nose.
- Release the lower eyelid, and blink a few times to make sure the eye is covered by the liquid.
- Repeat the procedure for your other eye.
- When you have finished, replace the protective cap tightly to prevent spilling or spoilage.
- Active Ingredient: Hypromellose 0.32 % w/v.
- Other Ingredients: Sorbitol E420, Disodium Phosphate Dodecahydrate, Sodium Dihydrogen Phosphate Dihydrate, Cetrimide, Disodium Edetate, and Water for Injections in Bulk.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not store above 25 °C.
- Artelac eye drops are sterile until first opened, it is important to keep the drops as clean as possible during use.
- Once opened the drops should not be used for longer than 28 days before being discarded or returned to your pharmacist.
- If you have been told or know that you have had a reaction to any of its ingredients.
- If you wear soft contact lenses you should remove these before using Artelac drops and wait for at least 15 minutes after using the drops before putting them back into the eye.
- All eye drops can cause a short term blurring of vision when first used so you should wait until your eyes are clear before driving or using machines.
- Artelac eye drops are sterile until first opened, so it is important to keep the drops as clean as possible during use. Make sure that the dropper tip does not touch any surface including the eye surface.
- Artelac contains cetrimide as a preservative and is therefore suitable for patients who are hypersensitive to benzalkonium chloride.
Patient Information Leaflet