›Medicines›Hair Care›Women's Hair Loss Treatments› Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution - 1 Month's Supply
Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution - 1 Month's SupplyBy Regaine
Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution
Help stop hair thinning and regrow thicker, fuller hair
1 in 4 women are affected by thinning hair. The most common cause is hereditary hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) which causes 95% of women’s hair loss. Regaine for Women is specially formulated containing Minoxidil – the only clinically proven treatment applied direct to the scalp, to treat women’s thinning hair.
Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution treats common heriditary hair lossi n women aged 18-65 years, by preventing further hair loss and encouraging hair re-growth. It contains minoxidil which is thought to work by aiding the blood flow to the hair follicles on your scalp.
It works best in women who have general hair thinning of the scalp and those who are younger or have been losing hair for a short period of time.
You are unlikely to benefit from Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution if you have been balding/thinning for many years or have a large area of hair loss.
Hereditary hair loss is recognisable because:
Of the patter of hair loss.
It starts gradually and progresses.
You have a family history of hair loss.
Not other symptoms are present with your hair loss.
- For detailed directions, see the instructions enclosed with the product or download the patient information leaflet from the tab on this page.
- Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution is for topical and external use only. It should only be applied directly to the scalp area.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying the solution and rinse other areas that have come into contact with the solution.
- Make sure your hair and scalp are completely dry before applying the solution.
- Apply a 1ml dose, with one of the applicators included, to the affected area twice daily, leaving at least 12 hours inbetween doses. Do not exceed this dose.
- Continuous use is necessary to improve and at least maintain your hair re-growth.
- It take time to re-grow hair. In clinical trials, 3 out of 5 women reported hair re-growth after 32 weeks. Hair re-growth may be noticeable after 4 months.
- Active Ingredient: Minoxidil 20mg/ml (2%)
- Other Ingredients: Ethanol (Alcohol), Propylene Glycol and Water.
- Propylene glycol may cause skin irritation.
- Regaine For Women Regular Strength Scalp Solution is a flammable liquid, so keep away from heat, sparks, open flames and hot surfaces and so not smoke.
- Do not apply to areas of the body other than the scalp.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, broken skin and sensitive areas.
- Exceeding the recommended dose will not re-grow your hair any quicker, but will increase the likelihood of getting side effects.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are under the age of 18 or over the age of 65.
- If you have had a bad reaction to minoxidil, ethanol or propylene glycol.
- If you are not sure whether your hair loss is hereditary.
- If you have hair loss caused by drug treatment.
- If you have total baldness or complete loss of all body hair.
- If the cause of your hair loss is unknown, is due to childbirth or is sudden and unexpected.
- If you have high blood pressure, even if it is not being treated.
- If you have any condition that affects your scalp, including sunburn and psoriasis.
- If you have a shaved scalp.
- If you have any kind of dressing or bandage on your scalp.
- Unless you know that you scalp is normal and healthy.
- If you are using creams, ointments or lotions used to treat scalp conditions e.g.
- Dithranol - used to treat psoriasis.
- Tretinoin - used to treat acne or other skin disorders.
- Corticosteroids - a type of anti-inflammatory e.g. hydrocortisone, bethamethasone dipropinate.
- Petrolatum - a common ingredient in hair wax or gel.
- If you are at all unsure whenther your scalp is normal and healthy.
- If you suffer from heart disease, including abnoraml heart rhythms or rates, angina or chest pains and/or circulation disorders.
- If you are taking or using any other medicines, including certain blood pressure medicines called 'vasoldilators' e.g. hydrazaline.
Products you may also consider