Piriton Allergy Tablets
Piriton Allergy Tablets contain chlorphenamine maleate, an antihistamine that helps relieve the symptoms of hayfever and other allergies as well as itchy skin rashes, including chickenpox. They can treat the itchiness, redness, swelling, tenderness and irritation caused by:
- Hayfever and other allergies, e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies.
- Skin allergies and dermatitis.
- Insect bites and stings.
- Nettle rash and hives.
- Prickly heat and heat rash.
- Allergic reactions to food, food additives or medicines.
- Adults and children aged 12 years and over: Take one tablet every 4 to 6 hours. Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours. The elderly should talk to their doctor or pharmacist before taking as they may need to take a lower daily dose.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: Give half a tablet every 4 to 6 hours. Do not give more than 3 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children under 6 years: Not recommended.
- Active Ingredient: Chlorphenamine Maleate 4mg.
- Other Ingredients: Lactose, Maize Starch, Yellow Iron Oxide (E172), Magnesium Stearate and Water.
- Avoid drinking alcohol with this medicine.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if these tablets make you feel drowsy or dizzy.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking Piriton Allergy Tablets.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to antihistamines or to any of the ingredients.
- You have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) prescribed for depression in the last two weeks.
- You are taking other medicines containing other antihistamines, including products for the relief of colds and coughs.
- You have very high blood pressure, heart disease, epilepsy, glaucoma, enlarged prostate, liver disease, bronchitis, asthma or bronchiectasis.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly phenytoin (for epilepsy) or medicines for anxiety or to help you sleep.
Products you may also consider