Voltarol Paineze Emulgel
Voltarol Paineze Emulgel contains the active ingredient diclofenac diethylammonium, which is a type of medicine called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). NSAIDs are used to relieve pain and inflammation.
Diclofenac works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclo-oxygenase (COX). Cyclo-oxygenase is involved in the production of various chemicals in the body, some of which are known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are produced by the body in response to injury and certain diseases and conditions, and cause pain, swelling and inflammation. Diclofenac blocks the production of these prostaglandins and is therefore effective at reducing inflammation and pain.
When diclofenac is applied to the skin (topical application) it is absorbed through the skin into the underlying tissues, where it reduces pain and inflammation in the local area.
Voltarol Paineze Emulgel can be bought without a prescription to relieve local pain and inflammation caused by a variety of muscle, joint, tendon and ligament injuries, such as sprains, strains and bruises. It can also be used for rheumatism.
The gel should be rubbed gently into the skin over the affected area. The diclofenac will be absorbed into the underlying tissues, where it will relieve pain and inflammation.
Voltarol Paineze Emulgel is used to treat pain and inflammation due to injury to tendons, ligaments, muscle and joints, eg sprains, strains and bruises and soft tissue rheumatism.
Active ingredient: Diclofenac diethylammonium (1.16g/100g).
Other ingredients: Diethylamine, carbomers, cetomacrogol, cocoyl caprylocaprate, isopropyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, perfume creme 45, propylene glycol and purified water.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
- Voltarol Pain-eze Emulgel should be rubbed gently into the skin.
- Depending on the size of the affected site to be treated 2-4g (a circular shaped mass approximately 2.0-2.5cm in diameter) should be applied 3-4 times a day.
- After application, the hands should be washed unless they are the site being treated.
- A period of at least 4 hours should be left between applications.
- The dose should not be applied more than 4 times in a 24 hour period.
- If symptoms persist after 7 days or get worse at any time, medical advice should be sought.
- Not to be used for more than 7 days unless recommended by a doctor.
Products you may also consider