Molaxole Oral Solution Sachets (Sugar Free) 20s
Read more about this product »
The main ingredient macrogol, works by absorbing water into the stool and increases the volume and water content of stools. This helps relieve constipation as the stools pass through the bowel more easily.
This medicine is available as a powder in a sachet that is dissolved in water before taking by mouth.
You should only take this medicine on advice from a doctor.
If you are taking this medicine to treat constipation, do not take it for more than two weeks. If you are treating faecal impaction, do not take it for more than three days.
Consult your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after two weeks or if they get worse during treatment with this medicine.
Before using Molaxole
This medicine may not be suitable for everyone and some people must never have it. Check the leaflet that comes with your medicine to make sure that the medicine is suitable before having it.
Always get advice from a healthcare professional before taking this medicine if:
- you are allergic or sensitive to or have had a reaction to any of the ingredients in the medicine
- this medicine is for a child under 12 years of age
- you have inflammatory bowel problems such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease
- you have toxic megacolon
- you have ileus
- you have an obstruction of the stomach or small bowel
- you have a perforated gut
- you have heart and circulation problems
- you need to take laxatives daily
If you are taking more than one medicine they may interact with each other. This medicine is unlikely to have any important interactions. But speak to your pharmacist or doctor if you get any unusual symptoms while having this medicine with other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are trying to become pregnant, are pregnant, or are breast-feeding, you should seek medical advice before taking this medicine.