NiQuitin Original Lozenges 4mg - Pack of 36By NiQuitin CQ
NiQuitin Original Lozenges 4mg
NiQuitin Original Lozenges 4mg with Click2Quit® Stop Smoking Plan for those who smoke within 30 minutes of waking.
NiQuitin Lozenges offer powerful relief and allow you to quickly tackle even your toughest cravings, as and when they happen. They let you control when you get your nicotine. They’re easy to keep handy, discreet to use, and come in two flavours - original and mint.
The strength of lozenge you use depends on when you have your first cigarette of the day. If you tend to light up within 30 minutes of waking up, you’ll need NiQuitin 4mg Lozenges. If you start more than 30 minutes after waking, you’ll need NiQuitin 2mg Lozenges. Then:
- For Step 1, you’ll probably need a lozenge every one to two hours, and at least 9 lozenges a day up to a maximum of 15.
- After six weeks you’ll be ready to move on to Step 2, and need one lozenge every two to four hours.
- Then after nine weeks, you should be down to one lozenge every four to eight hours.
- Following the step-down programme in this way will let you gradually wean yourself off nicotine so you can quit for good.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet and the further important information about the product on the side panel carefully before using this product.
- The lozenge is designed to be dissolved in the mouth, normally this takes about 30 minutes. Full instructions are given in the enclosed leaflet.
- Do not use more than one lozenge at a time. Do not use more than 15 lozenges a day. Do not eat or drink when you have a lozenge in your mouth.
- If you need to use the lozenges for longer than 9 months (3 months for 12-17 years olds) seek advice from a healthcare professional. Adults (18 years and over). Stopping smoking straightaway.
- Use the lozenges according to the timetable on the side panel, which is designed to gradually reduce the number of lozenges you use. During Step 1 (weeks 1-6) use at least 9 lozenges a day. To help you stay smoke free, take a lozenge in situations when you are strongly tempted to smoke.
- When you feel an urge to smoke have a lozenge instead of a cigarette. Cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke a day by as many as possible. As soon as your feel able, follow the instructions for stopping smoking straightaway.
- If you are not ready to stop smoking straightaway or you need to use the lozenges for longer than 12 weeks, talk to a healthcare professional.
Each Lozenge contains 4 mg Nicotine as Nicotine Polacrilex 22.2 mg. Also includes Mannitol (E 421), Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Bicarbonate, Calcium Polycarbophil, Sodium Carbonate Aspartame (E 951), Magnesium Stearate and Mint Flavour. Each Lozenge contains 15 mg of Sodium
Do Not Use:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the side panel.
- If you are in hospital because of heart problems unless your doctor tells you to.
- If you are a non-smoker or under the age of 12 years.
Consult a Healthcare Professional:
- If you have serious liver of kidney disease; uncontrolled, overactive thyroid gland or phaeochromocytoma; stomach ulcers or other problems with your stomach or throat.
- Before use if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
You are more likely to quit smoking when using this product with help from a healthcare professional or support programme. For professional advice on medicines consult your pharmacist.
Products you may also consider