Last Updated: 17th May 2018
Last Updated: 17th May 2018
Chemist.net is committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is secure and confidential. This policy explains the types of personal data we collect and how we process and protect that data in connection with the services we offer.
1) What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is information that can directly or indirectly identify you. This includes things you might expect such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits and information about your health. Information about health is classed as a “special category of Personal Data” as it requires special protection due to its sensitivity.
2) Who is responsible for what happens with your Personal Data?
Chemist.net is responsible for processing your personal data on our website. Chemist.net is owned by Norchem Healthcare Ltd. Our designated Our Data Protection Officer is Mohammed Kolia.
3) What Personal Data do we collect and for what purposes do we process your Personal Data?
4) What Personal Data is shared with third party companies?
5) How do we keep your Personal Data safe?
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data you provide. This includes, but is not limited to, using only secure servers and payment providers, rigorous and regular staff training, DBS checks and compliance with NHS Information Governance requirements and the NHS Code of Practice on Confidential Information.
6) How long do we keep your Personal Data?
7) Your rights
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the eight rights listed below:
For more information on these rights, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing emails you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of the marketing emails you receive or by contacting our customer service team.
Please note that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
Making a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you think that any of our processing activities violates data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the (www.ico.org.uk).
- When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfill your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
- We do not store your card details.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require verifying your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
- We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by clicking the unsubscribe link which is present in every email we will send to you.