|VISMED® Single Dose||VISMED® Multi||VISMED® Gel||VISMED® Light||VISMED® Wash|
|Ideal for:||Ideal for:||Ideal for:||Ideal for:||Ideal for:|
|Only £5.95||Only £7.95||Only £7.95||Only £6.95||Only £6.95|
VISMED® and Dry Eyes
Dry eyes, which is one of the most common diseases of the eye, is very unpleasant and can be quite debilitating for the sufferer.
VISMED® from TRB Chemedica is a unique range of products designed specifically to help relieve the symptoms of dry eyes.
The VISMED® range contains not only sodium hyaluronate, but also a number of important ions (salt nutrients) for the cornea that are also found in natural tears. The special formulation of VISMED® products ensures immediate relief from the symptoms of dry eyes, as well as sufficient moisturisation of all the tissue in the eye.
Symptoms of Dry Eyes
- Feeling of dryness, grittiness, burning, itchiness or scratchiness of the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
- Excessive tear flow (caused by an imbalance in the tear film)
Your eyes feel dry whenever the tear film becomes destabilised, breaks down and thus no longer lubricates the eye sufficiently. The tear film is a complex structure and has various functions:
- Lubricates the surface of the eye
- Keeps the surface tissue of the eye moist
- Supplies nutrients and oxygen to the cornea
- Hinders bacterial infections
- Protects the eye from small dust particles
Environmental causes include dry heat, air conditioning and dust or smoke
Dry eyes are often caused by the body itself:
- The older we get the less tears are produced by our bodies.
- Long hours in front of a computer screen,
- The wearing of contact lenses
- Hormonal changes in the body can lead to women experiencing dryness in the eyes
Underlying medical conditions that can effect the quality of tears include:
- Physical disorders in the body, such as rosacea, allergies and diabetes
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, or Sjögren's Syndrome
- Surgery that permanently changes the shape of the cornea