Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day is here once again! For you Coeliacs out there, we’ve gathered together a couple of recipes for gluten free pancakes from Juvela and Glutafin, so there’s no need to miss out:
- 100g (4oz) Juvela Gluten-Free White Mix
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 250ml (10fl oz) milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the Juvela Gluten-Free White Mix and salt in a bowl, beat in the eggs and gradually add the milk, beating well to produce a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, pour off the excess, and pour in sufficient batter to evenly coat the base of the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until golden, then flip pancake and cook other side.
- Serve with fillings of your choice.
- 110g Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Lemon juice and caster sugar
- Place the flour mix into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and a little milk. Whisk to form a thick paste. Gradually beat in the remaining milk to obtain a smooth batter.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pour in a little batter and tilt the pan back and forth to evenly cover the base with the batter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side and transfer to a warm serving plate. Cover with greaseproof paper or foil and keep warm while the rest of the pancakes are made.
- Sprinkle with the caster sugar and lemon juice, roll up and serve.
- Best eaten fresh or within 24 hours.