The Classic Gluten-Free Margherita Pizza
The typical Neapolitan pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and olive oil.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings: 4
- Gluten-free pizza base
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ small bunch basil
- leaves shredded
- 2 x 125g balls buffalo mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 220C/200 fan/gas 7 and put two baking sheets inside.
- Make the sauce: heat the oil in a small saucepan and cook the onion with a generous pinch of salt for 10 mins over a low heat until softened. Add the chopped tomatoes, purée and sugar and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 25 – 30 mins or until reduced and thick, stirring regularly. Blitz the sauce with a hand blender until smooth. Season to taste and stir through the basil. Allow to cool a little.
- Finish the bases with a thin layer of the sauce and torn up mozzarella. Place the baking sheets on top of the hot baking sheets in the oven and cook for 8 -10 mins or until crisp around the edges.
Shop with Chemist.net for more Gluten-Free baking ingredients at great prices.
This recipe is simplified from BBC Good Food. Check them out for more healthy Gluten-Free recipes.