Creamy Sundried Tomato and Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta
A super flavourful and creamy sundried tomato sauce (with NO dairy!!) with the kick from the spicy chicken sausage. However, if you have spice adverse kids eating this, I would just opt for a mild sausage. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 4
- 1 pound of gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ pound of spicy chicken sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to manufacturers directions. Drain and rinse with cold water well and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat one medium pan over medium-high heat with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the sausage links. Fry the sausages until crisp and golden on the outside, and cooked through on the inside, about 5 to 6 minutes total. Slice the cooked sausage links and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat add the olive oil and the onions and garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook until soft and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer another 2 minutes. Transfer all of it to a blender and puree on high until you have a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and cook over medium heat. Whisk in the coconut cream until well combined. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Add the just drained pasta into the pan with the sauce and stir to combine, cooking for another minute or two. Add the sausage and the fresh basil, give it a good stir and serve hot.
Shop with Chemist.net for more Gluten-Free products and ingredients at lower prices.
This recipe is taken from Heather Christo. Check out her website for more healthy gluten-free recipes.