Alka Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets 20s
SKU : OTCALKORIG PIP-Code : 2413789 EAN : 5010605910029
Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets provide fast, effective pain relief from mild to moderate pain such as headache, migraine, backache (including lumbago), nerve pain (neuralgia and sciatica), period pain, toothache and sore throat.
View delivery information
Out of Stock
Browse our full range of:
Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets
Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets provide fast, effective pain relief from mild to moderate pain such as headache, migraine, backache (including lumbago), nerve pain (neuralgia and sciatica), period pain, toothache and sore throat. They also provide symptomatic relief from colds and influenza and from rheumatic pain (arthritis), muscle tenderness and stiffness (including fibrositis), muscular aches and pains, the pain of joint swelling and stiffness, strains and sprains. If you have a high temperature, Alka Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets will effectively reduce this too.
The main ingredient in Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets is aspirin, which belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It treats pain, reduces fever and also has anti-inflammatory properties. The other ingredients are sodium hydrogen carbonate and citric acid which help to create a sparkling solution.
Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets must always be dissolved in water before use.
Adults and children over 16:
Adults and children over 16:
- Two tablets dissolved in half a glass (100ml) of water may be taken every 4 hours as required.
- You should not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
- Make sure you follow the dosage instructions and do not take more than the stated dose.
- Active Ingredients: Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic Acid) 324mg, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 1744mg and Citric Acid 965mg.
- Other Ingredients: None
- Each Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablet contains 477mg of sodium. This should be taken into consideration by people on a controlled sodium diet.
- There is a possible association between aspirin and Reye's syndrome when given to children. Reye's syndrome is a very rare disease, which can be fatal. For this reason aspirin should not be given to children under 16 years, unless on the advice of a doctor.
- Avoid taking alcohol while taking Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets.
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to aspirin, any other salicylates (e.g. aloxiprin), or any of the other ingredients of Alka Seltzer Original.
- Have history of hypersensitivity reactions (e.g. asthma, rhinitis, urticaria) induced by pain relieving or anti-inflammatory medicines (e.g. NSAIDs or salicylates).
- Have severe kidney or liver problems.
- Have severe heart problems.
- Have a disorder which causes excessive bleeding such as haemophilia.
- Have, or have had, a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- Are on a high dose of methotrexate (15mg per week or more). If you are not sure, check with your doctor.
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying for a baby unless advised by a doctor.
- Speak to your doctor before taking Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Tablets if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to any other pain relieving, anti-rheumatics or anti-inflammatory medicines (eg NSAIDs).
- Suffer from tightness in the chest or asthma.
- Have low uric acid excretion, which is commonly associated with gout.
- Have a history of gastrointestinal disorders (regular stomach upsets).
- Have a deficiency in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), since you may experience anaemia.
- Have kidney, liver, heart or blood circulation problems.
- Are about to have surgery. Before the operation tell the doctor or surgeon that you are taking aspirin.
- Medication to prevent blood clotting (e.g. warfarin, heparin, ticlopidine).
- Medication to treat heart problems or to lower blood pressure (e.g. ACE inhibitors or digoxin).
- Medication to treat gout.
- Diuretics (to treat water retention).
- Medication to treat epilepsy (e.g. sodium valproate, phenytoin).
- Medication to lower blood sugar if you are diabetic.
- Methotrexate (to treat psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease and some types of cancer).
- Any pain-relieving or anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Some antidepressants known as SSRIs (e.g. fluoxetine, paroxetine).
- Medication to treat Addison's disease (e.g. corticosteroids except hydrocortisone).
Next Working Day Delivery as standard for mainland UK orders
Free delivery on orders over £50.00 to mainland UK
NHS and Private Prescriptions delivered straight to your door