Aptamil Pepti-Junior 450g
Browse our full range of:
Formerly known as Cow & Gate Pepti-Junior - same formulation, new packaging!
Aptamil Pepti-Junior is an extensively hydrolysed semi-elemental formula for infants and children with malabsorption occurring in conditions such as gastroenteritis, prolonged diarrhoea and cystic fibrosis; following bowel surgery/short bowel syndrome, and in multiple food allergies and intolerances. It contains added LCPs for brain, eye and nervous system development and supports growth and maturation of the gut and immune system
Aptamil Pepti-Junior is suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants, and as a principal source of nourishment, with other foods, for children.
- Patients with severe gut damage should receive half strength feeds initially, gradually increasing to full strength over 2–3 days.
- Aptamil Pepti-Junior can be bottlefed, or administered as bolus or continuous drip feeds via nasogastric or nasojejunal tube.
- Due to the specialist formulation there will be some separation of prepared feeds on standing. Shake well before use.
- This product is for enteral use only.
- Not suitable for vegetarians.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Boil one litre of fresh water. Leave kettle to cool for no longer than 30 mins. Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with a clean knife. Do not press or heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Cap the bottle and shake vigorously for 25 seconds to dissolve the powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.
- Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Glucose syrup, Hydrolysed whey protein (from milk), Medium chain triglycerides (Coconut oil, Palm Oil), Vegetable oils (Rapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, Palm oil, High oleic sunflower oil), Maltodextrin, Calcium phosphate, Potassium citrate, Emulsifier (Citric acid esters of mono and diglycerides of fatty acids), Fish oil, Calcium chloride, Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, Oil from Mortierella alpina, Choline chloride, Magnesium hydrogen phosphate, Vitamin C, Inositol, Taurine, Sodium chloride, Potassium chloride, L-Carnitine, Ferrous sulphate, Zinc sulphate, Vitamin E, Uridine 5’-monophosphate sodium salt, Cytidine 5’-monophosphate, Antioxidant (Ascorbyl palmitate), Pantothenic acid, Adenosine 5’-monophosphate, Inosine 5’-monophosphate sodium salt, Nicotinamide, Guanosine 5’-monophosphate sodium salt, Copper sulphate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Potassium iodide, Folic acid, Sodium selenite, Manganese sulphate, Vitamin K1, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.
Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
*The milk proteins present have been broken down (hydrolysed) to reduce the likelihood of them causing an allergic reaction.