Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets 60s
Browse our full range of:
Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets
Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets are lemon flavoured chewable tablets for the treatment and prevention of vitamin D/calcium deficiency, which may occur when your diet or lifestyle does not provide enough, or when body requirements are
increased. This medicine may also be prescribed or recommended for certain bone conditions, for example osteoporosis, or during pregnancy.
Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets contain calcium and vitamin D3 which are both important substances in bone formation. Both are found in the diet and vitamin D is also produced in the skin after exposure to the sun.
- Adults: The recommended dose is two tablets a day, preferably one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening. The tablet may be chewed or sucked.
- Children: Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets are not recommended for use in children.
- Active Ingredients: Calcium carbonate 1250mg (equivalent to 500mg calcium) and colecalciferol 400IU (equivalent to 10 micrograms vitamin D3).
- Other Ingredients: Xylitol (E967), povidone, isomalt (E953), fatty acid mono- and diglycerides, magnesium stearate, lemon flavour, sucralose (E955), sucrose, tocopherol, modified maize starch, medium-chain triglycerides, sodium ascorbate and anhydrous colloidal silica.
- Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets contain isomalt (E953) and sucrose (E420) - if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine. May be harmful to teeth.
- If you are pregnant, you may use Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets in case of a calcium and vitamin D deficiency. During pregnancy you should not take more than 2500 mg calcium and 4000 IU vitamin D per day, as overdoses may harm the unborn child.
- Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets can be used during breast-feeding. Calcium and vitamin D3 pass into breast milk. This should be considered when giving additional vitamin D to the child.
- Are allergic to calcium, vitamin D, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Have severe kidney problems.
- Have a condition that causes excessive amounts of calcium in your blood or urine (hypercalcaemia or hypercalciuria) e.g. renal (kidney failure) or cancer that has affected your bones.
- Have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your blood.
- Have kidney stones.
- If you have osteoporosis (brittle bones) and are also unable to move around.
- If you are on long term treatment, especially if you are taking medicines for a heart disorder (cardiac glycosides), or diuretics (used in the treatment of high blood pressure or oedema).
- If you have signs of impaired kidney function or a high tendency to kidney stone (calculus) formation.
- If you have cancer or any other condtions that may have affected your bones.
- If you have sarcoidosis (an immune system disorder which may cause increased levels of vitamin D in the body).
- If you have any of the following conditions your serum calcium or phosphate levels, or urinary calcium excretion must be monitored. Calcichew should be taken under close medical ;supervision:
- Sarcoidosis (an immune system disorder which may affect your liver, lungs, skin or lymph nodes)
- Kidney problems
- You are on long-term treatment with Calcichew
- You are already taking additional doses of calcium or vitamin D.
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. In particular, the following medicines may interact with Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets:
- Thiazide diuretics (water tablets); your serum calcium levels should be monitored regularly.
- Cardiac glycosides (heart medicines); you should be monitored by electrocardiogram (ECG) and your serum calcium levels measured.
- Tetracycline antibiotics; these should be taken at least two hours before, or four to six hours afterwards. Calcium carbonate may interfere with the absorption of tetracycline preparations if taken at the same time.
- Levothyroxine (hormone used to treat thyroid deficiency); these should be taken at least four hours before or after taking Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets.
- Quinolone antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, lomefloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin): the effect of these medicines may be reduced if taken at the same time as calcium. Take quinolone antibiotics two hours before or six hours after taking Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets.
- Bisphosphonates; should be taken at least one hour before Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets.
- Calcium salts may decrease the absorption of iron, zinc and strontium ranelate. Consequently iron, zinc or strontium ranelate preparations should be taken at least two hours before or after Calcichew-D3 Forte Chewable Tablets.
- Orlistat (used to treat obesity) may disturb the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, e.g. vitamin D3.