Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension 200ml
SKU : OTCCALSIX200 PIP-Code : 3287281 EAN : 5010123730642
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension provides effective relief from pain and fever in children aged 6 years and over.
View delivery information
Out of Stock
£7.70 £0.04 per ml
This medicine can only be sold under the supervision of a Pharmacist, therefore you will need to answer a few short questions so our Pharmacist can ensure this product is suitable for you.
This product is limited to 2 per customer
Browse our full range of:
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension contains paracetamol to relieve pain and / or bring down fever in a range of conditions including cold and flu, headache, toothache, earache, post-immunisation fever, sore throat and other aches and pains.
Suitable for children aged 6 years and over, as well as adults, Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension is a delicious strawberry flavour that is free from sugar and colour and is supplied with an easy to use dosing syringe.
- For oral use only.
- Always use the syringe supplied with the pack.
- It is important to shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
- Shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds and remove the cap.
- There is a plug with a hole in the neck of the bottle. Insert the end of the syringe in to the hole and ensure it is secure.
- Hold the syringe in place and turn the bottle upside down and gently pull down the plunger to either 2.5ml or 5ml as appropriate.
- Turn the bottle the right way up.
- Remove the syringe by holding onto the bottle and twisting out gently.
- Place the syringe inside the child's mouth against the cheek and press the plunger slowly to gently release the medicine.
- After use, the plug should remain in the neck of the bottle. Wipe the plug and neck clean and rinse the cap before replacing.
- The syringe should be washed and dried after use. It can be cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher.
- Children aged 6-8 years: 5ml
- Children aged 8-10 years: 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml)
- Children aged 10-12 years: 10ml (5ml + 5ml)
- Children aged 12-16 years:10-15ml (Two to three 5ml doses)
- Adults and children over 16 years: 10-20 ml (Two to four 5 ml doses)
Speak to your doctor:
- If your child needs more than the doses shown in the table.
- As soon as possible if fever doesn't go away.
- Straight away if you are not sure of the cause of your child's illness or it is accompanied by a rash, breathing difficulties, diarrhoea or excessive tiredness or lethargy. Do not give Calpol until you get medical advice.
- Active Ingredient: Paracetamol 250mg per 5ml.
- Other Ingredients: Maltitol, Sorbitol Liquid (E420), Glycerol, Dispersible Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin Sodium and Purified Water. The flavouring is imitation strawberry.
- Do not give this medicine with any other paracetamol containing product.
- Never give more than the recommended dose.
- Methyl (E218) and propyl (E216) parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions which could possibly be delayed.
- The sorbitol (E420) and maltitol content of this product means that this product is unsuitable for people with inherited intolerance to fructose.
- Sorbitol and maltitol may have a mild laxative effect. Each 5ml of this product contains 1.935g of sorbitol and 2.04g of maltitol. Calorific values: 2.6 kcal/g sorbitol and 2.3 kcal/g maltitol.
- Has ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- Is taking anything else with paracetamol in it.
- If your child has serious kidney or liver problems.
- If your child has an inherited intolerance to fructose or been diagnosed with an intolerance to some other sugars.
- If your child is taking any other medicines including:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone (used to treat nausea and vomiting).
- Colestyramine (used to treat high cholesterol).
- Anticoagulants (drugs that thin the blood, such as warfarin).
- Anticonvulsants (drugs to treat epilepsy).
- You can use this medicine while you are taking oral contraceptives (‘the pill’), but it may not work so well on your pain or fever.
- If you drink large amounts of alcohol, you may be more open to the side effects of paracetamol.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you might be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Next Working Day Delivery as standard for mainland UK orders
Free delivery on orders over £50.00 to mainland UK
NHS and Private Prescriptions delivered straight to your door