Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension 80ml
SKU : OTCCALSIX80ML PIP-Code : 3394301 EAN : 3574660435221
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension provides effective relief from pain and fever in children aged 6 years and over.
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Strawberry Flavour Suspension
Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension contains paracetamol to relieve pain and / or bring down fever in a range of conditions including cold and flu, headache, toothache, earache, post-immunisation fever, sore throat and other aches and pains.
Suitable for children aged 6 years and over, as well as adults, Calpol Six Plus Sugar Free Suspension is a delicious strawberry flavour that is free from sugar and colour and is supplied with an easy to use dosing syringe.
- For oral use only.
- Always use the syringe supplied with the pack.
- It is important to shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
- Shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds and remove the cap.
- There is a plug with a hole in the neck of the bottle. Insert the end of the syringe in to the hole and ensure it is secure.
- Hold the syringe in place and turn the bottle upside down and gently pull down the plunger to either 2.5ml or 5ml as appropriate.
- Turn the bottle the right way up.
- Remove the syringe by holding onto the bottle and twisting out gently.
- Place the syringe inside the child's mouth against the cheek and press the plunger slowly to gently release the medicine.
- After use, the plug should remain in the neck of the bottle. Wipe the plug and neck clean and rinse the cap before replacing.
- The syringe should be washed and dried after use. It can be cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher.
- Children aged 6-8 years: 5ml
- Children aged 8-10 years: 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml)
- Children aged 10-12 years: 10ml (5ml + 5ml)
- Children aged 12-16 years:10-15ml (Two to three 5ml doses)
- Adults and children over 16 years: 10-20 ml (Two to four 5 ml doses)
Speak to your doctor:
- If your child needs more than the doses shown in the table.
- As soon as possible if fever doesn't go away.
- Straight away if you are not sure of the cause of your child's illness or it is accompanied by a rash, breathing difficulties, diarrhoea or excessive tiredness or lethargy. Do not give Calpol until you get medical advice.
- Active Ingredient: Paracetamol 250mg per 5ml.
- Other Ingredients: Maltitol, Sorbitol Liquid (E420), Glycerol, Dispersible Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin Sodium and Purified Water. The flavouring is imitation strawberry.
- Do not give this medicine with any other paracetamol containing product.
- Never give more than the recommended dose.
- Methyl (E218) and propyl (E216) parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions which could possibly be delayed.
- The sorbitol (E420) and maltitol content of this product means that this product is unsuitable for people with inherited intolerance to fructose.
- Sorbitol and maltitol may have a mild laxative effect. Each 5ml of this product contains 1.935g of sorbitol and 2.04g of maltitol. Calorific values: 2.6 kcal/g sorbitol and 2.3 kcal/g maltitol.
- Has ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- Is taking anything else with paracetamol in it.
- If your child has serious kidney or liver problems.
- If your child has an inherited intolerance to fructose or been diagnosed with an intolerance to some other sugars.
- If your child is taking any other medicines including:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone (used to treat nausea and vomiting).
- Colestyramine (used to treat high cholesterol).
- Anticoagulants (drugs that thin the blood, such as warfarin).
- Anticonvulsants (drugs to treat epilepsy).
- You can use this medicine while you are taking oral contraceptives (‘the pill’), but it may not work so well on your pain or fever.
- If you drink large amounts of alcohol, you may be more open to the side effects of paracetamol.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you might be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Next Working Day Delivery as standard for mainland UK orders
Free Click & Collect from Knights Pharmacies across England and Wales (Coming Soon)
NHS and Private Prescriptions delivered straight to your door