Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution 200ml
SKU : GCET150ML EAN : 5099186003610
Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution is used to relieve the symptoms of hayfever in adults and children over 2 years of age, and of other allergies in adults and children over 6 years.
Browse our full range of:
Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution
**Please contact us before purchasing if you require a specific brand.**
Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution is an antihistamine that is used to relieve the symptoms of hayfever (seasonal rhinitis) in adults and children over the age of 2 years and other allergies in adults and children over the age of 6 years, including pet or house mite allergies and skin allergies such as rash, itching and urticaria (hives).
- Adults, the elderly and children aged 12 years and over: Two 5ml spoonfuls once daily (to a maximum of 10mg daily).
- Children aged 6 to 11 years: One 5ml spoonful twice daily (to a maximum of 10mg daily).
- Children aged 2 to 5 years: One 2.5ml spoonful twice daily (to a maximum of 5mg daily).
- Children under 2 years: Not recommended.
- Active Ingredient: Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg per 5ml.
- Other Ingredients: Dependent on brand.
- You must avoid excessive alcohol consumption while you are taking this medicine, as with all antihistamine medicines.
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution does not usually cause drowsiness at the recommended dose. However, individuals react differently, so do not drive or operate machinery until you know how it affects you.
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution contains sorbitol (E420): if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution contains propylene glycol, which may cause alcohol-like symptoms.
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) and propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216) which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- Are allergic to cetirizine hydrochloride, hydroxyzine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine, or to any piperazine derivatives.
- Are breastfeeding, as cetirizine hydrochloride can pass into breast milk.
- Have severe kidney failure (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml/min).
- You have kidney problems. Your dose should be adjusted as recommended by a doctor.
- You are pregnant.
- You suffer from epilepsy or are at risk of convulsions.
- You have hereditary intolerance to some sugars.
- You are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription, especially:
- Theophylline which is taken for some heart conditions or breathing disorders like asthma or bronchitis.
- Central nervous system depressants e.g. barbiturates which are used as sedatives or anaesthetics.
Next Working Day Delivery as standard for mainland UK orders
Free delivery on orders over £50.00 to mainland UK
NHS and Private Prescriptions delivered straight to your door