Drontal Cat Tablets
Drontal Cat Tablets are a single dose worming treatment for cats and kittens over 6 weeks of age and will kill every type of intestinal worm your cat is ever likely to get.
Legal Category: NFA-VPS
Browse our full range of:
Drontal Cat Tablets
Drontal Cat Tablets are a single dose worming treatment for cats and kittens over 6 weeks of age. Drontal Cat Tablets will kill every type of intestinal worm your cat is ever likely to get including roundworm, tapeworm, whipworm and hookworm, which has been found in the a large number of foxes in the UK and Ireland.
Adult cats should be wormed at least every 3 months, but you should ask your vet who will be able to evaluate your pet's health and your family's requirements and advise you on a specific worming routine for your pet. Routine worming will prevent worms from reaching maturity and affecting your pet's health, as well as reducing the number of worm eggs shed into the environment, thus reducing public health risks. Kittens should be treated at 6 weeks of age, then every 3 weeks until 4 months old, at which point they should be wormed every 3 months as per adult cats.
Drontal Cat Tablets are designed for cats weighing up to 4kg. Cats weighing over 4kg should be treated with Drontal Cat XL Tablets, which are specially formulated so that most big cats can be treated with a single tablet.
Drontal Cat Tablets should not be used during pregnancy but may be used during lactation. Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds.
Worming and Flea Control
Fleas are often infected with tapeworm larvae, which can be transferred to your cat by swallowing the flea while grooming, so in order to control worms, you also need to control fleas. If you don't control a flea problem at the same time as worming, your cat is almost certain to be re-infected. The easiest way to prevent this is to use a spot on flea protection such as Frontline regularly.
Available in: Singles or Packet of 2's
The tablet should be given directly to the animal, but if necessary can be disguised in food. The recommended dose rates are: 57.5 mg/kg pyrantel embonate and 5 mg/kg praziquantel. This is equivalent to 1 tablet per 4kg bodyweight.
- 2kg bodyweight: ½ tablet
- 4kg bodyweight: 1 tablet
- 6kg bodyweight: 1 ½ tablets
Each tablet contains 230mg pyrantel embonate and 20mg praziquantel with 1.8mg Titanium Dioxide (E171).
- Not intended for use in kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
- Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds.
- Until sufficient studies have been performed with this combination, do not use during pregnancy.
- Fleas serve as intermediate hosts for one common type of tapeworm - Dipylidium caninum. Tapeworm infestation is certain to re-occur unless control of intermediate hosts such as fleas, mice etc. is undertaken.
- Mild and transient digestive tract disorders such as hypersalivation and/or vomiting and mild and transient neurological disorders such as ataxia may occur in extremely rare cases.
- In the interests of good hygiene, persons administering the tablets directly to a cat, or by adding them to the cat's food, should wash their hands afterwards.
- For animal treatment only. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.