Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets 6s
Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets contain a unique formulation to relieve diarrhoea in as little as 1 hour while also soothing painful cramps, uncomfortable bloating and embarrassing wind.
Browse our full range of:
Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets
Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets contain a unique formulation to relieve diarrhoea in as little as 1 hour while also soothing painful cramps, uncomfortable bloating and embarrassing wind:
- Loperamide hydrochloride: this helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel, which helps the body to absorb water and salts from the bowel.
- Simeticone: this is an anti-foaming agent that breaks up trapped wind in the bowel that causes cramps and bloating.
Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets are suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and over.
For oral use only. Swallow the correct number of tablets whole with a drink of water.
- Adults over 18 years old: Swallow two tablets initially, followed by one tablet after each loose bowel movement. Do not take more than 4 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Children and young adults (12 to 18 years): Swallow one tablet initially, followed by one tablet after each loose bowel movement. Do not take more than 4 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Active Ingredients: Loperamide hydrochloride 2mg and Simeticone (equivalent to 125mg dimeticone).
Other Ingredients: Calcium hydrogen phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, acesulfame K, artificial vanilla flavour (includes propylene glycol, maltodextrin, ethanol and benzyl alcohol), sodium starch glycolate (type A) and stearic acid.
Do not take Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If it is for a child under 12 years old.
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are having a flare up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis.
- If you are constipated or your stomach appears swollen.
- If you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets:
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the tablets immediately and contact your doctor.
- If you suffer from liver disease.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- If you have severe diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal.
- If you are taking any other medicines, including:
- Quinidine (used to treat abnormal heart rhythms or malaria)
- Itraconazole or ketoconazole (antifungal medicines)
- Gemfibrozil (used to treat high cholesterol)
- Titonavir (used to treat HIV infection and AIDS)
- Desmopressin (used to control thirst and urine production in patients with diabetes insipidus)
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding as small amounts may get into your milk. Talk to your doctor about a suitable treatment.
Special warnings about this medicine
- This medicine may make you feel dizzy, tired or sleepy. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
When you have diarrhoea, your body can lose large amounts of fluids and salts. You will need to replace the fluid by drinking more liquid than usual. Ask your pharmacist about special powders (known as oral rehydration therapy) which replace fluids and salts lost during diarrhoea.
- Consult with a doctor if you have a history of drug abuse. Loperamide is a type of opioid that acts directly on the gut when used as recommended but can cause other opioid effects when misused at high doses. Addiction is observed with opioids as a class.
- Abuse and misuse of loperamide, the active ingredient in Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets, have been reported. Do not take this product for anything other than its intended use and never take more than the recommended amount.
- Serious heart problems (symptoms of which include fast or irregular heartbeat) have been reported in patients who have taken too much loperamide, the active ingredient in Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets.
Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets only treat the symptoms of diarrhoea. In some cases, the cause of your diarrhoea may require treatment. If symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your doctor.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets:
- Each Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets contain less than 0.026 mg of benzyl alcohol. Benzyl alcohol may cause allergic reactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice if you have a liver or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because large amounts of benzyl alcohol can build-up in your body and may cause side-effects (called “metabolic acidosis”).
- This medicine contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23 mg) per tablet, that is to say essentially ‘sodium-free’.
This medicine contains less than 0.00044 mg of alcohol (ethanol) in each tablet. The small amount of alcohol in this medicine will not have any noticeable effects.
- This medicine contains maltodextrin which contains glucose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.