Anthisan Bite & Sting Cream
SKU : OTCANT20GM PIP-Code : 2714046 EAN : 5013011004672
View delivery information
Out of Stock
£4.45 £0.23 per g
This medicine can only be sold under the supervision of a Pharmacist, therefore you will need to answer a few short questions so our Pharmacist can ensure this product is suitable for you.
This product is limited to 3 per customer
Browse our full range of:
Anthisan Bite & Sting Cream
Anthisan Bite and Sting Cream is used to treat pain, itching and inflammation caused by insect stings, bites and nettle rash
Anthisan Bite and Sting Cream contains a medicine called mepyramine maleate. This belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. It works by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
And also contains :-
- Ceto-stearyl alcohol and castor oil
- Methyl hydroxybenzoate
If you are not sure how to use this medicine, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
Using this medicine (adults, elderly and children over 2 years of age) :-
- Apply the cream directly to the affected areas of skin.
- Do not apply the cream on eczema, larger areas of skin, cut, grazed, badly broken or sunburnt skin.
- Apply the cream two to three times a day, for up to three days.
- For best results use as soon as possible after the bite or sting.
- Repeated use of the cream for periods longer than a few days is not recommended.
- If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 3 days talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The following effects may happen: loss of consciousness and fits (seizures).
Do not apply a double amount of cream to make up for a forgotten application. Apply the cream as soon as you remember, then carry on as before.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine and tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to mepyramine maleate or any of the other ingredients of Anthisan Bite and Sting Cream (listed below)
Do not apply the cream on:
- Cut, grazed or extensively broken skin
- Areas of sunburnt skin
- Large areas of skin
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines. This includes medicines you can buy without prescription, including herbal medicines.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant.
If you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
You may feel drowsy or sleepy while using this medicine. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines.
This medicine contains:
- Ceto-stearyl alcohol and castor oil. These may cause local skin reactions (such as "contact dermatitis" which may include the following symptoms: skin redness, swelling and itching, pain or burning sensation).
- Methyl hydroxybenzoate. This may cause an allergic reaction. This allergy may happen some time after starting the medicine.
Stop using Anthisan Bite and Sting Cream and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if you notice any of the following side effects:
- A severe allergic reaction. The signs may include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
- An increase in skin redness, swelling and itching in the area where you have used the cream. This might be due to a mild allergic reaction.
Next Working Day Delivery as standard for mainland UK orders
Free delivery on orders over £50.00 to mainland UK
NHS and Private Prescriptions delivered straight to your door